Ayurvedic Health Potion – My Morning Routine
When I wake up in the morning, at 5:00 am (I know it sounds early, but I decided not to adapt completely to Swedish time after coming back from India), I start by making my health potion. I start by boiling up water and while it’s getting to the right temperature I start adding all the different herbs and spices into my large 50 cl cup. I believe it’s important to have a large cup for this health potion, because otherwise it becomes too strong and not as easy to drink. I heat it up again after I’ve drank half the cup, because I’m a very slow drinker.
The ingredients that I use are:
- 1 tsp of organic matcha tea from Japan
- 1/3 tsp of ashwagandha (ayurvedic herb)
- 1 dash of tulsi powder (holy Indian basil)
- 1/4 tsp of organic ginger powder
- 1/3 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 dash of organic turmeric
- optional: raw unprocessed sugar to taste (I try not to add any sugar, but in the beginning it might help with the taste)
- boiling water
- oat milk or any other vegetable milk substitute of your choice
I add all the dry ingredients in my cup and start pouring a little boiling water at a time to mix all the herbs together. I fill up slightly more than half the cup with boiling water and add oat milk to fill it up, that is also depending on taste and preference.
I feel energised and very refreshed by drinking this health potion. My hormones are getting back into a nice balance, I can really feel my body changing for the better with these simple steps towards a more healthy lifestyle.
After drinking the tea, I go on with doing my yoga exercise routine, mostly just for 15-30 min, but I intend to increase it gradually.
Hope this is helpful to anyone out there, and let me know if you have any questions and I will get back to you.
Peace and Love,