Just heard this song again after some years, and it sparked an emotion in me that I recognise a lot. We need to stop being so hard on ourselves for not being enough. I need to remind myself every now and then. It’s not only about vanity and looks, it’s about people not recognising you for being yourself and doing your best even in the hardest times. It’s easy to judge from afar, but you can never know what’s going on in someone’s life and how they are dealing with their hardships. We walk around with a smile on our faces even in times of pain. Sometimes we just need to be able to take off that mask, and be free.
I made a video about a year ago where I mentioned that I transitioned over to Aluminium-free deodorants because of all the studies linking the high amount of aluminium in the arm pit area to breast cancer. It’s not been proven, but there are a lot of studies that point in that direction. After about 6-8 months of trying my best to stick to aluminium free deodorants, it just didn’t work for me in stressful situations or when working out. I constantly felt that I either had to reapply throughout the day or bring a long an extra T-shirt that I could change to because of the drenched T-shirts I was wearing after just half a day at work. I didn’t feel comfortable when summer was approaching so I had to revert back to aluminium deodorants. I was really sad that I couldn’t succeed with continuing on my natural journey since it seemed like it had worked for so many people. I guess everyone is different and we all sweat differently. I think for me it was mostly during stressful situations and at work where it was cold in the office, that I found myself sweating more.
Long story short, here I am again with another go at going aluminium free. With the help of this brand that is Swedish, called C/O Gerd. It’s a unisex deodorant and it was the only one left in my local chemist. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that it’s gonna do it’s magic. I will be providing an update in some weeks from now, because they usually say that it takes many weeks for the body to get rid of the traces of the aluminium deodorant.
C/O GERD UNISEX DEODORANT. Bought at Apotek Hjärtat, Stockholm.
Peace and Love,
- Face pack made of: chickpea flour, turmeric, milk or vegetable milk, almond oil, aloe vera gel, rose water, yoghurt (optional). Once a week. Apply the mixture to the face and let dry for 20-25 min and wash off while you scrub it off at the same time.
- Lip scrub: organic raw sugar grains, honey, olive oil and aloe vera gel. Mix all ingredients
- Bedtime serum: coconut oil, argan oil and rosehip oil. Mix together 5 drops of each in your palm and blend together in your hands, apply gently on your face with light strokes and dont forget your neck and collarbones. Also apply this under your eyes and on your eye lids before going to bed. Any leftovers on your fingers can be used on your eye brows to make them grow more and rub the rest on your hands as a moisturising hand serum.
- Drink plenty of water to hydrate your skin from the inside. The winter time dries our skin a lot so we need to take care of it with the right nutrition and water intake. Aim for at least 2 liters of water a day and remember to listen to your body and give it more the days you’re feeling dehydrated.
- Use sun protection even though it’s winter time. The sun rays are always there even if it’s a cloudy winter day and you need to protect your skin from the harsh UV rays that damage your skin much faster. I usually just use it under makeup and let it sink in a bit before applying the rest of my routine. The sun protection in the foundation is not always enough since it can rub off throughout the day.
I’ve got a new YouTube video up on my channel, be sure to check it out if you’re interested in a review of the new Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water. I’ve pasted the link below a list of the pros and cons.
Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water
- Inexpensive. Costs 50SEK in Sweden, approximately 5€ / 5£.
- Effective. Removes makeup, dirt and excessive oil really quickly.
- 3-in-1 product, you basically don’t need anything else – squeaky clean afterwards
- Not a cruelty-free brand. They sell in China and is therefore testing on animals
- Doesn’t seem to be a very natural product, contains a lot of ingredients and chemicals
Peace and Love,
I am finally announcing what my side-project is all about! I have for a while now been thinking of starting my own business, within something I’m passionate about. Too much time has passed since it was all thoughts and ideas, and I thought to myself that it’s time to not look back and just take action. I have been researching into all kinds of related subjects since this is a huge topic which mostly is pretty new to me. I’ve chosen an e-commerce platform to use and I chose Shopify. It seems pretty easy and scalable if and when the business becomes larger and you have a lot of products listed. I’m already super excited to get my e-boutique launched and be able to share it with all of you.
You might wonder what my shop is going to be selling. 🙂
I’ll be selecting unique and special pieces of jewelry (silver and other materials) and accessories from India, Thailand and South Asia, with an oriental and special design that I find too little of here in Sweden or in the West generally. Of course I will also buy in all kinds of popular trendy jewellery that can be used for an everyday look. I will begin with the Nordic region, and quite soon expand to ship to the whole Europe, and when I’m more stable I’ll include the whole wide world; so everyone can enjoy a piece of the East in the West.
I’m also looking into specializing in more cool Indian accessories that I can easily get hold of when I travel to India next time. More focus on quality material that is specific to India and that region, which is great for scarfs, clothes and accessories.
The second aspect, and the key to my business is that portions of the sales will be donated to charity organisations I’ve chosen to work with. One of my greatest wishes for the world is for it to be less poverty, and I can only do so much on my own with my contributions to try to work towards changing the world. Therefore I would like to ask for your help to help the world, to give back to the society and to help people in need. The smallest gesture can help, buying a piece of jewellery from my shop will contribute to charity organisation working specifically with women and helping them getting a solid income so they can provide for their family and themselves; thus becoming more independent.
UPDATE in Aug -16: Due to some delays in some tasks the launch of the online jewellery shop will be planned for to the end of this year (2016). I will be sharing more details regarding the business as I get closer to launch date. Stay tuned!
Peace and Love,